Happy Lips :)

February 08, 2015

The "Month of Love" is here :) And if you spend time making sure your skin looks good, why not do the same for your lips too? It's the best time to pamper your pout. So, I picked a few lip balms from my favorite skin care brands to get y'all started on your pout-enhancing journey.


Lakme Lip Love Lip Care in Cherry Rs.200


The Body Shop's Born Lippy in Strawberry Rs.275 for 10 ml


Juicy Chemistry's Choco Mint Lip Butter Rs.150 for 8 g


What's in my make-up pouch? ;)

L-R: Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eye Liner, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable, Lakme Lip Love Lip Care, Juicy Chemistry's Choco Mint Lip Butter, L' Oreal Mirrror! :)


Starting off with the Lakme Lip Love Lip Care, these are available in 4 different flavors - Strawberry, Cherry, Vanilla & Peach. Out of the four, I picked up the Cherry flavor which has an intoxicating fragrance.These lip butters are long lasting but I hate it when my lips turn dry, so need to re-apply every 2-3 hours.

Pros of Lakme Lip Love Lip Care:
Glides on smoothly.
Has a sweet fragrance.
Contains SPF 15.
Good Quantity.

Cons of Lakme Lip Love Lip Care:
Requires you to retouch every 2 hours.
Poor delicate packaging. (Top cover is too delicate. It may break through really fast, leaving you with no cap for your lip balm, which may later end up getting wasted)
Ingredients are not mentioned anywhere.

Overall an excellent product by Lakme! :)

Moving on to The Body Shop. We all love The Body Shop, don't we? The brand works wonders and for the Lip Balm I chose The Body Shop Born Lippy in Strawberry. I found it way too glossy for me to use, so I use it as an after lipstick tint for the final finish.

Pros of The Body Shop Born Lippy:
Nice Strawberry Taste.
Glossy Shiny Lips.
Very Pocket Friendly.

Cons of The Body Shop Born Lippy:
Hair sticks too quick coz of it being way too glossy.
Requires you to retouch every 2 hours.

Overall a great product quality wise :)

Lastly, my favorite skin care brand Juicy Chemistry by Megha Asher. If you have missed out my earlier posts on their skin care products, read it here.
I jumped with joy when I found these recently launched lip butters. What really attracted me the most are the juicy flavors. These yummies are available in 5 different flavors. Rosy Lips Butter (Coconut Rose), Mojito Lip Butter (Spearmint Lemon), Choco Mint Lip Butter, Orange Candy and Fruity Grapefruit. Being more of a chocolate, cocoa butter and vanilla fan. I chose the Choco Mint Lip butter. These butters promise to be long lasting leaving soft nourished lips. To buy your's just drop in a message on their facebook page.



Pros of Juicy Chemistry Lip Butter:

Yummy Aroma.

100% Natural (which means you can actually eat them ;) )
It's not very glossy , hence works wonders as a lip moisturizer.
Sleek and easily fits in your wallet too. Pocket friendly! :) 



Cons of Juicy Chemistry Lip Butter:
Needs your finger to nourish your lips. ( Unless you pout-kiss through the Lip Balm like I do :D )


Overall a perfect package for balm lovers! :)



Wish you all a very Happy Valentine Month :)

Stay Happy & Healthy! :D

Lots of Love <3
Simply Stylishious

Facebook Instagram Twitter


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Content Copyright © by Simply Stylishious | Indian Fashion Blog

Instagram