Shimmering Sunrise

December 29, 2017

Life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early; some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up really late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time, they aren't even the ones who made the mess. These people are your true friends in life. They are the ones that matter the most.

Say Hi to my childhood best friend and my dearest cousin - Nivedita Mahesh - an astrophysicist and an Indian classical dancer at Arizona State University, U.S.A. Recently, when Nivedita was here in Coimbatore on a vacation, I thoroughly enjoyed being her personal shopper and while I was styling her I was so amazed to see her confidence and the killer attitude with which she carried every other outfit. Styling Nivedita was the most delightful experience for me. Read on to know more about our experience!








About the look - I almost always plan my looks around one statement element or trend, and this time, evidently, it is the metallic trend. I went subtle with a classic Little Black Dress and chose to shimmer with the accessories and let Nivedita make a statement with her outfit. This sparkling gun-metallic skirt is everything you're looking for in the 'perfect' holiday season attire - fitting for December like no other.

This Christmas, Nivedita & I splurged on these Swarovski Alegria watches from Zimson, Coimbatore. Designed with Swarovski’s unique crystal bezel, this super stylish timepiece injects subtle sparkle into any everyday outfit. Definitely, one of our best buys for this party season!
P.S We don’t need no Santa Claus because we are killing it ourselves! :D

All in all - however stereotypical it might be, I'm LOVING everything BLING this season! And sometimes it's fun playing along with the trends of the crowd. ;)


What I’m Wearing – Forever New Dress | Dorothy Perkins Shoes | The RAD Project Clutch | ASOS Choker and Arm Candy

Nivedita’s Wearing – Forever New Skirt & Bag| Aldo Shoes | ASOS Choker | Madison Ring | Top – Nivedita’s Own

 This was a very spontaneous after-party shoot and I am loving the results of my styling on the very gorgeous Nivedita so here you go with her party look pictures! :)








Thank you for the lovely pictures Gautam Jana.
From surreal sunsets to shimmering sunrises, you’ve always been there! 
Here’s to a wonderful 2017! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wonderful dresses and nice blog to read. You can find your perfect match in our selection of genuine leather products and accessories at Voganow.

    ReplyDelete

Content Copyright © by Simply Stylishious | Indian Fashion Blog

Instagram